Camper Registration Information
Registration begins in February
Thank you for your interest in Camp Abilities Columbus, GA. My name is Jeanine Fittipaldi-Wert. I am a professor at Columbus State University (CSU) and the Director of Camp Abilities Columbus GA. I am also a certified adapted physical educator with over 16 years of experience teaching children and adults with unique abilities.
Camp Abilities Columbus, GA would like to extend the opportunity to 16 children ages 9 to 18, who meet the eligibility criteria and submit all the below registration information to attend Camp Abilities Columbus, GA.
If your child meets the camper criteria below and you are interested in registering your child, please e-mail Jeanine (email@example.com) as she will provide you with additional information and the registration forms.
Camp Abilities can only register 16 campers. Therefore, once you have submitted the completed registration forms you will receive an e-mail from Jeanine advising if your child is registered for Camp Abilities Columbus, GA or is on our waiting list.
The following are the camper eligibility criteria to attend Camp Abilities Columbus, GA:
- Have a visual impairment (must receive vision services in their educational setting)
- Are independent in self-care skills (such as toileting, bathing, dressing and eating)
- Display behaviors that allow them to function in group settings that does not affect other group members
- Must not possess a medical problem that requires a nurse for constant supervision
- Parents disclose all necessary information that will allow staff to provide a safe environment for your child while at Camp Abilities
Thank you for your interest in Camp Abilities Columbus, GA!