Wellness is characterized by the development of knowledge, skills, and dispositions that encourage and enable students to adopt health-enhancing behaviors that will improve their health and fitness status and increase the quality of their lives, demonstrated by the
- Ability to understand principles related to the development and maintenance of health-related fitness;
- Ability to select practices and activities that contribute positively to fitness and a healthy lifestyle;
- Ability to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate a personal fitness program
Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQs)
- I have had a course similar to PHED 1205 at another school. Can I transfer that credit to CSU?
- What activity courses do you offer for credit?
- Can I take PHED 1205 online?
I have had a course similar to PHED 1205 at another school. Can I transfer that credit to CSU?
Probably. However, PHED 1205 is unusual in that it includes a physical activity lab in conjunction with the Wellness “lecture”. Courses that are lecture only do not transfer as equivalent to PHED 1205. If your course included a lecture and fitness component please consult your advisor to petition the acceptance of the transfer credit.
What activity courses do you offer for credit?
We offer a variety of course selections for the PEDS credit including weight training, jogging, kickboxing, and yoga (just to name a few). Click on the following link to see a detailed course listing.
Can I take PHED 1205 online?
PHED 1205 courses are currently being offered partially online for students attending courses on CSU's campus. A completely online version of PHED 1205 is being constructed and will be made available for students completing their degree fully online.